Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fear of Failure

The day for filing nominations to the various undoubtedly 'coveted' posts was closing in. I,as usual, was in two minds....'To file or not to file'.I did, for the post of 'Deputy Discipline captain'. The few people who knew me well were not really astonished. But the fear of losing the battle against so many popular contestents did scare the wits out of me. I almost decided in the deepest of my mind that anybody,but I, could win.

The girl that I am, I decided to stay back at home and listen to the bad news from my friends instead of witnessing the humiliation live. The day of voting was over and the phone rang....
My friend told me she had a good and a bad news for me, and as is common in movies,she asked me to pick one.I asked for the bad one first. She said one of my closest friends had lost out in the race for 'The deputy school school captain'. I must say it was unexpected.That sure was bad news.The good one was next.No prizes for guessing this one,yup,i had won!!

But the biggest blow came when the statistics were revealed...my friend had lost coz of
ONE VOTE!!!!!!. The remorse lingers on........

2 comments:

nitinsunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shwetha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.